Friday, December 22, 2017

Wishing You a Merry Christmas


Hello my sweet stamping friends! I sure hope you are cozy and warm wherever you are right now, nestled in and enjoying this beautiful season! The stockings are not yet hung at my place, but the Koerber home is looking and waiting in hope for a beautiful Christmas Day! 


And with the joy of Christmas alive in our hearts, I wish you and your loved ones tidings of comfort and joy. I say that because as I type, I am listening to the Choir of King's College sing this beautiful hymn -- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen -- and reveling in all this year has changed for me personally. There's too much to list but I sit back and thank the Lord, who came into this world as a vulnerable child to bring salvation for us all. What a beautiful and awe-inspiring gift! I pray you feel that beauty and awe in the coming days -- seeing it in friends and family, in generosity shared, in love expressed, in all the daily things we might otherwise take for granted. Know I keep you all in my thoughts and send prayers for safety, health, and happiness in the coming year with more blessings than you can even imagine! 

Now on to some card making fun! The Power Poppy Bloom Brigade decided in this hustle and bustle of the last few days before Christmas, we would take a break from creating, and simply show some of our favorite Christmas creations! 


As I scrolled through all of my Power Poppy creations, I didn't have to travel very far to find a few of my favorites. This one above might be the winner. I am not sure why -- maybe it's the soft coloring, the accents of white, the image itself or the soft blue hues -- or a combination of them all -- but this one came in the top three! You can check out the full card HERE.  I used Power Poppy's Winter Wonderland stamp set. What's even more fun is that I just sent this one out into the world yesterday with Christmas wishes attached! 


And because I found it hard to pick just one, my eyes settled on this one above as well! For this one, I used Power Poppy's Snow Kissed stamp set. What I love about this card is how this stamp set delivers a kind of homespun charm. That snow guy is just about the cutest thing ever and creating with him is even more fun! You can check out the full card details HERE. 



And lastly, because many of us like to follow up the holidays with some handmade thank yous, I included this one. The layout is simple but I love how the image from Heaven and Nature Sing just stands out. It is such an absolutely beautiful illustration and a joy to color up! Check out the full card HERE. 

As we get ready to celebrate with family and friends, those are a few of my Christmas favorites! I know the Bloomies have some of theirs to share as well! We have a kind of favorites of Christmas past hop. We all wanted to share and take some time to wish you all the very best! So, be sure to holiday hop on over to see...

Julie Koerber >>> you are here!



Before I bid you farewell, I have one more quick thing to share! I decided this year that I would try my hardest to add some homemade joy to my tree as well! Since we are all crafty peeps here, I thought what better friends to share my creations with than all of YOU!!! Thanks in advance for obliging me! ;-) As you can see, I grabbed some knitting patterns and downloaded some felt ornament patterns to be able to hang a little bit of my heart on the tree as well. Here's a few shots of how that turned out. While I wanted to have the tree full of homemade ornaments, I only managed to eek out 14. So, I have my work cut out for me next year! ;-)
So, on that fine note, I hope you enjoy all the holiday brings! I'm wishing you the Merriest of Christmases and I'll see you back here -- hopefully before 2018 hits! ;-)

Merry Christmas!
~Julie

No comments: